Friends

Sunday 25 November 2012

Cruising Down Easy Street


As soon as I read this post by Bonnie Hunter I was off and racing, pulling out all my reds, greens, blues and greens in anticipation for Easy Street - this year's mystery QAL.


Friday night saw me auditioning neutrals - paring it down from 39 dark and 20 light neutrals to12 light neutrals for Bonnie's black on white fabrics and the darker fabric with the spots in the picture below as Bonnie's grey.  

Saturday saw me cutting strips and scraps for some power sewing and cutting....


Today saw me sewing forty nine four square patches.  When I saw the strips shown up yesterday, I wasn't quite sure about the colour combo, but after seeing them as four patches, I realised I like them....a lot!

So tonight I'm pinning twosies in anticipation of finishing all the four patches before the second step is posted next Friday.  

Updated Monday 7.25pm.....I've just linked up my progress at the Easy Street Link Up Monday.  I'm really looking forward to seeing who else has linked up and their progress over a bowl of  Goan curry, which is just about ready to come out of the oven.....  




18 comments:

  1. will be fun watching this grow.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I really like your color choices and will be following along to see you progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, can't wait to see more progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun seeing your progression. Lovely little 4 patches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see how your colors look! I am also venturing off the written color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors and 4 patches. Is this your first Bonnie mystery?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I am using a neutral as my grey also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colors! This is so much fun, I'm also doing neutrals. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see some different colour choices - it adds to the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your color combination is very appealing. I'm curious--you referred to pinning the twosies. I just matched them at the seamline and sewed....I don't pin if I can avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice color choices. I chose to go with Bonnie's picks as picking colors for a quilt is my weak spot. Look forward to seeing this develop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking good! It's great seeing other colorway choices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice fabric choices! love seeing so much variety in the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL - I watch my favorite Christmas shows whilst pinning my 'twosis' as well, helps make it go much faster and I LOVE the security of those little silk pins! Same for the 'spinning' of the center block seams, got caught up on ALL my Christmas shows complete w/Charlie Brown's Christmas ;-)

    Your color and fabric choices will be so much FUN to watch as they evolve into your quilt...lookin' forward to it...

    Happy Quiltin'
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving the yellow in your blocks. Can't wait to see this come together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your color choice is great...and I love your profile Startrek blurp!! That is super cute and funny:):) I a huge Trekky fan!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love seeing everyone's fabric choices. Looking forward to step 2!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love seeing what you've started - isn't this fun? Will keep my eye on your progress.

    ReplyDelete